"English is our communication tool for multicultural exchange &
We are currently providing some venues with easy access to stations in Tokyo, Yokohama, Sapporo, and Fujisawa in order to learn together with MELSA members.
[Tokyo will host the 2020 Summer Olympic/Paralympic games.]
MELSA has provided "Sports & Volunteer English Communication" mini-lesson since September in 2015. If you are interested in sports and volunteer activities as well as English communication, please join us and learn together with our MELSA members.
☆Medical and/or Healthcare Communication in English
[Daytime-, or Nighttime- ]
1. To support people who are looking for a place in order to practice medical/healthcare communication in English for their own purposes.
2. Study groups will be held at least once in a month in Yokohama, Fujisawa and Sapporo, or twice a month in Tokyo.
[Visiting for a group lesson]
1. To provide a small group lesson.
2. We will visit hospitals, healthcare/welfare facilities, voluntary organizations, and schools, when occasionally required.
☆Practical & Communication English for Sports and/or Volunteering
(until the end of Marsh in 2020)
[Daytime-, or Nighttime- ]
1. To support people who want to learn English communication for sports and/or volunteering in international sports events.
2. To support people who want to be volunteers expressing Japanese hospitality and harmony, especially during the 2020 Summer Olympics/Paralympics in Tokyo.
3. Study groups will be held at least once a month in Sapporo and Fujisawa, or twice a month in Tokyo.
[2017 the Latest News]
♪♪ MELSA is now in the Tokyo 2020 Support Program.♪♪
We at the NPO-MELSA are really happy to let you know about such wonderful news. On September 26, the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games approved MELSA to use the marks of [Tokyo 2020 Support Programme] / [Education [Yoi Don!]], under the TOKYO 2020 SANKAKU (Action) Program.
Various kinds of important requirements have to be met for its application. MELSA has already satisfied the basic requirements: a close relation to the value of Olympic/Paralympic Games and an appropriate public interest of aims and contents.
Also, MELSA’s activities closely align with the Game's vision and legacy, including the following three core concepts: Achieving Personal Best, Unity in Diversity, and Connecting to Tomorrow.
At MELSA, we have been striving to achieve our best possible contribution to the society for several years since it was established in 2013. Each MELSA member accepts each other just as he/she is while participating and studying in our mini-lessons.
We hope that MELSA members will be part of the intangible legacy of the Tokyo 2020 Games while leaving their own legacies to encourage the future generation to achieve their personal best, embrace the diversity, and connect to the future.
We are most grateful for the approval to use the honorable TOKYO 2020 SANKAKU (Action) Program marks. We will continue to conduct our volunteer activities with complete sincerity and commitment. (2017/10/6)
Medical English Learning Support Association